- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we gather from our visitors enables us to better understand our readers’ needs and preferences. We are interested in your personal data, related to your native language, location, but also in non-personal data that is automatically collected the moment you enter our website.
- OUR USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Personally Identifiable Information: This information is used to improve communication flow with our readers. Personal data may also be used to better carry out the requests you are making and to better respond to your wishes. If necessary, the personally identifiable information will be used to contact you, particularly for customer service-related matters, for promotions regarding our products, the products of our subsidiaries or other affiliated companies. Personal data is also used to communicate with you about the information you have added on our Website or on your personal profile. Visitors have the possibility to opt out from receiving any promotional messages as stated in the following lines.
- Non-personal Information: Non personal information is used to improve your experience with our Website and our services. Your non-personal information will, therefore, be used for website traffic analyses, for customer-oriented tasks, such as promotions and offers and for the improvement of our services. Since this information does not personally identifies you, we may share it with affiliated companies and third parties helping us improve our Website.
- OTHER USES AND INFORMATION
- IP Addresses: the IP address is the identification code that is automatically assigned to your computer so it can be identified on the internet. Our Website does not normally collect or verifies your IP address, unless we may be requested to do so on specific occasions: we have reasons to believe our Website rules have not been observed, on government’s request, as a requirement of the law, to defend our Website, our legal rights and the legal rights of our visitors, to safeguard our users or the general public.
- Cookies: These small text files are usually stored from websites on your computer hard drive when you surf the Internet. Cookies allow your computer to keep a track of the places you have visited and to remember your preferences. These files do not contain personally identifiable information, therefore, we may sometimes use it or share it to our affiliates and other third parties, particularly for advertising purposes. Users may program their computers to prompt a message before automatically storing cookies or to manually delete these files in order to prevent websites from getting access to their non-personal data. However, you should be aware that certain features of your computer will not function properly if you choose to delete stored cookies from your computer.
- E-mail communication: Your personal e-mail address may automatically be stored in our database if you choose to send us a message or reply to our email letters. This personally identifiable information will be used in the future to respond to your questions or comments. Email communications may be used to keep you informed about our services and offers and products you have purchased if you have agreed to receive such e-mail notifications. You may opt out from all our commercial and promotional messages by following the “unsubscribe” link that will accompany all our email messages. However, you will still receive transactional emails if we provide you customer services.
- Transfer of Assets: Should our company and our assets be acquired by another entity, both the personally identifiable information and the non-personal information will fall in the administration of the acquiring entity, which will observe your preferences. During a bankruptcy or reorganization process, all the aforementioned information will be labeled as an asset and will be, subsequently, sold or transferred to third parties.
- PUBLIC FORUMS
We do not require the submission of personal information from children as neither the content, nor the services of our Website have been intended for children. We do not collect personally identifiable information from children who are younger than 13 years old and parents and guardians, who have reasons to believe their underage child has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, can contact us by e-mail. Parents of guardians of children under 13 are entitled to request the deletion of such personally identifiable information and to prohibit its use.
- HOW TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
Our Website has been provided with all the security measures to prevent the loss, the alteration and the misuse of our users’ personal data. In spite of the efforts we are making to protect your personally identifiable information and to ensure your privacy, we cannot guarantee your full protection at all times, under all conditions. We do not hold ourselves responsible for the inadvertent disclosure, the destruction or the theft of the personally identifiable information you send to us. If our Website or our database may suffer a security breach you will be notified in the shortest time possible about and asked to secure your personally identifiable information. Our Website will be frequently updated with the latest security measures to prevent such system breaches.
- OTHER SITES/LINKS
Occasionally, links to other third party sites may be displayed on our Website. Guardianherald.com does not control or maintain the information, as well as the content of these websites. We advise you to carefully read the privacy statements of the third party websites you enter, particularly if asked to provide personally identifiable information.
- CONTACT & OPT-OUT INFORMATION
Your requests will be immediately revised and the appropriate changes will be effected in our database, if applicable. Requests will not be taken into consideration if users have access to our Website’s benefits and features.
Last Update: 20.08.2015